Global chikungunya treatment market is growing at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of dengue in tropical and sub-tropical regions, increased government funding to fight against dengue, unmet market needs of managing dengue burden around the world and rise in investment from government, public & private organizations for the development of novel drugs.
Get Sample Report + All Related Graphs & Charts @
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global chikungunya treatment market are Themis Bioscience GmbH, Arno Therapeutics, Inc, Bharat Biotech, Paradigm Biopharmaceuticals Ltd, Nano Therapeutics Pvt Ltd, Hawaii Biotech Inc, Indian Immunologicals Limited, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Integral Molecular, Integrated BioTherapeutics, Inc, Mapp Biopharmaceautical, Moderna, Inc., MYMETICS, Zydus Cadila, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and others
Global chikungunya treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of chikungunya treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Market Definition: Global Chikungunya Treatment Market
Chikungunya virus infection is also known as chikungunya fever is characterized by mosquito-borne viral disease which is spread by a bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito including aedes aegypti and aedes albopictus. The most common symptoms of infection are fever and joint pain.
According to statistics published in the WHO, it was estimated a total of 349,936 suspected and 146,914 laboratory confirmed cases of chikungunya has been reported to the PAHO regional office. Of these, 265, 000 suspected cases were locally reported from the Brazil. The market growth is increased by introduction of novel therapies and rise in government initiatives may increase the chikungunya virus infection drug market.
- Increasing prevalence of chikungunya in tropical and sub-tropical regions is driving the market growth.
- Increased government funding to fight against chikungunya is accelerating the market growth
- Promising chikungunya pipeline is expected to drive the market growth
- Demand of novel therapies for treating chikungunya virus infections is also acting as a driver for the market
- Lack or insufficient healthcare infrastructure in underdeveloped and developing regions is hampering the market growth
- Lack of awareness related to symptoms of chikungunya is hindering the market growth
- High cost of the treatment is restraining the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Chikungunya Treatment Market
By Strain Type
- Aedes Aegypti
- Aedes Albopictus
By Drug Class
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
Grab Your Report at an Impressive 30% Discount! Please click Here @
Key Developments in the Market
- In February 2019, Moderna, Inc, has initiated first dose in patients in a phase I clinical trial for mRNA-1944, an anti-Chikungunya antibody for the treatment of chikungunya virus infections. The dosing of first monoclonal antibody encoded by mRNA in human subject is a significant milestone for a company and represents advances in the novel treatment through targeted mode of action.
- In February 2019, Themis Bioscience GmbH received the fast track designation from the FDA for MV-CHIK, a vaccine for the treatment of chikungunya viral infections. The Fast Track designation for MV-CHIK accelerates the review timeline and enhances the attraction with the FDA so that lead candidate can reach the market expeditiously.
- In September 2016, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited entered into research collaboration with Zydus Cadila to develop a novel vaccine for the treatment of chikungunya virus infection. This collaboration will address the urgent and neglected unmet medical need as well as expedite the access to novel treatment options for patients suffering from chikungunya.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global chikungunya treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.
Note: If you have any special requirements, please let us know and we will offer you the report as you want.
About Data Bridge Market Research:
Data Bridge Market Research set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge Market Research
US: +1 888 387 2818
UK: +44 208 089 1725
Hong Kong: +852 8192 7475
Email: [email protected]