Covid-19 has caused many workers to transition to remote working in an effort to reduce infection risks. Companies are having their employees work from home to stop the spread of the virus. Luckily, if you’re among the people working from the comfort of their home, you can decide to move to any state or city within the country. Some people are moving out of California to explore other states. But before you decide on which city or state you want to move to next, here is what you should know first.
Why Work from Home?
As we’ve seen, remote working has a lot of advantages including the freedom to relocate to any state of your choice. Below are other reasons why you need to work from home.
- Better work-life balance. Working from home means you’re your own boss, you can start and end your day as you wish.
- Zero commuting stress. A lot of time is spent moving from your home to the office and back. This tends to be stressful. Ditching the commute improves your mental well-being and saves you tons of time.
- Customizable office. You can create a comfortable home office and set it up as you please. And that adds other benefits too like being able to work in your pajamas all day!
- Increased performance and productivity. Remote working leads to fewer interruptions, less office politics, and more efficient meetings.
- A happier, healthier work –life balance. Remote workers tend to be happier and dedicated employees, in part because working from home has been found to lower stress levels, provide more time for hobbies and interests.
- Pre-trained employees. Hiring remote workers means you can source employees from any corner of the world who already have the required skills for the advertised job. This is boosted by the fact that you don’t have to sacrifice the location of the person
- More working hours. Having your employees work from home helps them work all around the clock – not just during office hours. This is great for businesses with a huge online client-base.
Working from Home and Moving to Any City or State
Working from home means location independence. You can choose to pack and move to any city at any time. Or you could choose to live as digital nomad. What’s more, remote working can help you avoid high rent and high mortgage areas, especially for opportunities (like tech) that used to require one to live in a city with a high cost of living.
The current Coronavirus pandemic has been the main contributor to remote work for millions of employees around the world, but it’s far from the only reason to work from home. If you plan on making any move, be sure to seek the help of experienced cross country movers. Note that you should carry out thorough research of the city or state you plan on moving to so to avoid unwanted surprises. If your work demands a quiet environment, please consider that before moving to a new neighborhood.